Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Blessing

Several people have asked me for the blessing given at the end of the 10:30AM Eucharist on Sunday, October 30.  I heard this one from The Rev. Grayce O'Neill, one of the faculty members at the Episcopal CREDO conference I attended in October.  She was kind enough to send it to me, and now this blessing is a permanent resident in my Book of Common Prayer:

May the Spirit of the living God, made known to us most fully in Jesus Christ our Lord:

Go before you to show you the way

Go above you to watch over you

Go beside you to be your companion

Go behind you to push you into places you would not normally go yourself

Dwell inside you to remind you that you are loved beyond your wildest imagination

And may the blessing of God Almighty, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, be with you now and always.  AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment